2004 Dodge Ram 2500 consumer reviews

$24,340–$27,545 MSRP range

side view of 2004 Ram 2500 Dodge

83% of drivers recommend this machine

Rating breakup (out of five):

  • Comfort iv.1
  • Interior pattern 4.3
  • Performance four.7
  • Value for the money 4.2
  • Exterior styling 4.5
  • Reliability iv.4

all-time bang for cadet

this truck dose the job, its a ok work truck, 5.7L Hemi is not got the power I was used to with my Ford 460bb. and gas milage is worse than my F250 with the 460 I got 11mpg with Contrivance 2500 5.7L I get 9mpg if im lucky

Evidence full review

Bought 2004.5 model new diesel, drove over 300,000

A corking work horse, bullet proof Cummins. Only fault rusted rear rider side fender. Used for business organisation, heavy deliveries. I still wish I had this truck.

Show full review

I've owned information technology since new. My frame and torso is rust

I bought my car make new in 2005, within a few years my rear fender started rusting out and I supersede them, so within a few more than years they've rusted again to the point where they accept to be fully replaced but the worst part is my frame when put upwardly on a lift I was told is rusted to the bespeak, where the body shop told me, Information technology'southward not worth putting whatever money into. Listen you this truck only has lxxx,000 original miles! Also in 2010 only v years after ownership information technology my manual pan rusted through having to supplant information technology! Also within 5 years of owning the truck the fuel rail that supplies the lifeline to your engine rusted out which was too dangerous because the fuel was leaking onto the motor! Both my exhaust manifolds accept rusted out to the point where they leaked that was a $3000 repair! Eight years into owning the machine

Show full review

Previous owners ruined information technology.

I bought my 04 Cummins 2500 in 2017. Mind y'all i'm the 3erd owner. the truck smoked more so I liked- previous owner put too large of a turbo in ($1000). A hole in the intercooler( $400). Fuel tank strap rusted out losing my Fuel tank ($700) then the Transmission at about 190,000 miles ($6000) parts and labor for a new OD housing, Torque converter, Billet input shaft, and upgraded shift module. Then the rust on the frame totaling the truck. I will terminate with this at that place are many known issues with these just if yous can discover one that someone else didn't corruption or try and "xxxxxxx information technology upwards" these are reliable trucks with small upgrades to the fuel and steering system.

Show total review

Best truck I ever owned!

04, 5.7 litre gas engine with regular maintenance 332000 miles and still going strong.......kinda speaks for itself. I utilize the truck for a work truck as well equally for commuting . Similar information technology so well I simply purchased another with same specs and the same year merely in rwd instead of fwd for hauling a fifth bicycle.

Show full review

poor interior nuance design,poor paint and clear .

very unsatisfied with this truck, invested as much in replacement parts every bit was the original buy price. replaced entire front of engine, and unabridged front suspension including steering, contacted crysler, no help because i replaced parts myself.

Show full review

Best truck I?ve ever endemic

Amazing on and off road, great power, easy and cheap to maintain, long lasting, reliable, comfortable, looks skillful, rides smooth, can haul anything, better and then fords

Bear witness full review

04 coiffure cab contrivance 2500 Cummins

I traded in my 08 f150 for this more reliable 2004 contrivance Cummins truck. The Cummins engine performs smashing at 130,000 miles. The ride is bumpier than my 08 f150. The condolement was improve in my 08 f150 but what I similar about this truck is no exterior noise coming in. My 08 f150 had a terrible wind noise coming in. The A/C performs better in 04 dodge than my 08 ford. The fuel mpg is 21mpg hwy and in my f150 was 16mpg hwy. One time I upgraded the transmission and have it leveled this truck will ride improve. This is the best truck I have e'er ain.

Show full review

Best pickup truck ever!

Bought this Ram new in October of 2003 and have logged 183000 miles on the 5.seven fifty Hemi V-8. Originally bought to tow a 32' Prowler travel trailer and it's loaded with goodies like the trailer tow & snow plow packages. I never pushed snow with it but there is actress cooling and steering features with that package that sure don't hurt. I've replaced a couple of u-joints and would recommend putting new joints with zirk fittings in them if you should need to. Even with this mileage the Hemi engine @ 345 HP is still every bit tight and polish every bit twenty-four hours one. Nosotros test drove Ford & Chevy trucks before buying and they weren't even close. My brother bought a Toyoto most the aforementioned time and claimed it was the best just now he'southward driving a 2017 Ram 2500 with a Cummins diesel fuel and says the Toyoto was a joke compared to Ram.

Evidence full review

Best truck I've owned

This truck is crawly. Enough of power. Smashing for snowplowing huge amounts of snow. Well taken intendance of. No problems. Information technology pains me to sell it.

Show full review